Smooth and creamy and full of cilantro! A unique flavor.Ingredients (14 qts)
- ~4 Tbsp olive oil
- 7 large onions, chopped
- 7 bunches of scallions, chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- 10+ bunches of cilantro, chopped
- 20 cloves garlic, crushed
- 11 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 4 gallons vegetable stock
- Juice of 10 limes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion, scallions, rice, cilantro, garlic and zucchini to the pot. Stir to coat.
- Add 3 cups of stock and stew for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree until chunky smooth and return to pot.
- Add lime juice, Salt & Pepper and adjust seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Fill your jars leaving a 1" headspace.
- Pressure can at 11 lbs. for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
We use so much cilantro in this we called it "Cilantro Soup"! Not everyone loves cilantro, so adjust the amount to your tastes or use the variation below.
Add a couple of tablespoons of pesto to the soup when re-heating. When serving top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
For those who do not like cilantro (heresy!), simply replace the cilantro with flat-leaf parsley and, when serving, replace the pesto with salsa.