Just tomatoes! Great for chilies, pasta sauces, whatever.Ingredients (28 quarts)
- 80 pounds tomatoes
- ~2 Cups lemon juice
- Wash the tomatoes.
- Get a large pot of water to a full boil.
- Set up another pot (or bowl or sink or tub) with ice water.
- Working in batches, put the tomatoes in the boiling water for about 1 minute then place in ice water.
- Slide the skins off the tomatoes and add whole to jars, packing them down, leaving a 1" headspace.
- For each quart, add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, remove air bubbles.
- Water bath for 10 minutes.