Our favorite. A little messy to prepare, but exquisite flavor.Ingredients (14 quarts)
- Half-bushel peaches
- Honey/Sugar syrup, medium
- Wash pears in cold water.
- Place in boiling water for a minute or so until the skins begin to loosen.
- Put into ice water to cool. The skins should slip off.
- Slice into wedges directly off the pit.
- Fill jars gently pressing down to get as much fruit in as possible.
- Cover in boiling syrup, ½" headspace. Remove air bubbles.
- Water bath 20 minutes.
Wash your peaches.