A new favorite. Easy to make and just wonderful to eat.Ingredients (14 qts)
- 20 medium to large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 gallons beef broth*
* You can add a little worcestershire sauce, wine and salt if you wish
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Start broth to boil.
- Put onions in roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat.
- Cook in oven, mixing and turning every 10 minutes or so, until onions are cooked and browned.
- Add garlic to broth and bring to a boil.
- Evenly divide cooked onions among the quart jars. About half of each jar should be onions.
- Fill with boiling broth leaving a 1" headspace.
- Pressure can at 11 lbs for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
When filling the jars with onions, press them down. You should have at least half of each quart filled with firmly packed onions.