The combination of red and sweet potatoes gives it complexity and body, the garlic...well - yum.Ingredients (14 qts)
- 15 medium onions, sliced
- 50 medium red potatoes, large dice
- 15 medium sweet potatoes, large dice
- 2 bunches celery, diced
- 15 heads of garlic, roasted and mashed
- Olive oil
- 3 gallons vegetable broth
- ~½ cup salt
- ~¼ cup ground pepper
- Roast garlic until soft - do not brown!
- Over low flame, in olive oil, cook onion until soft - do not brown!
- Add rest of the ingredients except garlic and bring to boil.
- Add salt and pepper, adjust.
- Add mashed garlic.
- Fill jars and can for 1 hour at 11 lbs.