Hearty, with a great texture and a nice peppery bite.
- 40 ears corn, kernels removed
- 2 gallons chicken broth
- 32 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 12 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tsp pepper
- Add everyting to a large soup pot. Heat until boiling.
- Adjust your seasonings adding salt and pepper.
- Fill your jars leaving a 1" headspace
- Pressure can at 11 lbs for 1½ hours (90 minutes).
- In order for this to be a chowder you really need to add dairy. However, you can't do this before you can the soup as dairy is not allowed.
- When we serve this we simply add a cup of milk or cream when reheating. It's good.
Shuck the corn.
Wash, but don't peel, the potatoes.
Wash and trim the celery.
Dice the potatoes.
Remove the kernels from the corn.
Chop the celery.
Add everything to the pot.