Easy to make, with great flavor, this has become one of our favorites. Don't forget the goat cheese, it's a crucial ingredient.
- 28 red bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 7 onions, diced
- 14 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 gallons vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the red peppers on baking sheet cut side facing down and broil until the skins are blackened and the peppers softened.
- Remove and let cool. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss the cauliflower in the 4 Tbsp oil, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes, stirring once in the middle.
- Once peppers are cool, remove skins and dice.
- Heat the remaining 4 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the roasted red peppers, cauliflower, broth, and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Puree until chunky smooth.
- Return to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Fill jars to 1" headspace.
- Pressure can at 10 lbs for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
When heating the soup, for each quart add about 2 ounces of goat cheese and stir until melted. At serving, top with crumbled goat cheese.
Wash, seed and halve 28 red bell peppers.
4 large heads of cauliflower.
Chop 4 large onions.
Roast the peppers until black and soft.
Roast the cauliflower florets until carmelized.
Sauté the onions until softened.
Add everything to the soup pot.
Purée until chunky smooth.
Jar and process, wash and label.