Easy to make, with great flavor, this has become one of our favorites. Don't forget the goat cheese, it's a crucial ingredient.Ingredients (14 qts)
- 28 red bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 7 onions, diced
- 14 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 gallons vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the red peppers on baking sheet cut side facing down and broil until the skins are blackened and the peppers softened.
- Remove and let cool. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss the cauliflower in the 4 Tbsp oil, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes, stirring once in the middle.
- Once peppers are cool, remove skins and dice.
- Heat the remaining 4 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the roasted red peppers, cauliflower, broth, and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Puree until chunky smooth.
- Return to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Fill jars to 1" headspace.
- Pressure can at 10 lbs for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
When heating the soup, for each quart add about 2 ounces of goat cheese and stir until melted. At serving, top with crumbled goat cheese.